Thursday, October 4, 2012

Spooky Tree!

Hi, there!  I have been wanting to share this "spooky" tree card I made with some stamps from The Stamps Of Life.  I love making Halloween cards using the brayered sky technique for the background!  I can not resist making at least one each year!  For this sky, I used So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango. I always start with my lightest color first and then layer them on from there.  I just punch a circle out of a post it note and stick it on while I am brayering, to create the white moon.
The tree is from the leaves4fall set.  This set is fun, because you can leave the tree bare, or add leaves to it.  The sentiment and the bat are from the thanks2fall set.
I used the chevron die from TSOL, to cut my image panel.  I then just attached them to my black card base, leaving a space so the black showed through.  I love the way it turned out, and will be doing this again with more border dies!

This card is perfect for the Paper Playtime challenge this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily